The Post-Harvest Technician is responsible for executing post-harvest operational tasks. The primary focus for the Post-Harvest Technician is post-harvest operations, including preparing packaging materials, plant processing, trimming, and the packaging of usable, high quality Flower. The Post-Harvest Technician will routinely perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time. The position will also require occasional support in cultivation operations, including planting, defoliating, and harvesting. Additionally, the Post-Harvest Technician is expected to carry supplies and equipment, assist with the facility's sanitation operations, cleaning of tools/equipment, and provide manual labor services as needed. Adaptability is an essential aspect of the position. The department is structured to allow for development and growth; employees may be eligible for advancement dependent upon skills and performance.
- Operate tools and equipment safely and efficiently
- Clean tools and equipment as scheduled or required
- Ensure equipment is safely and securely stored
- Dispose of garbage according to compliant procedures
- Implement all sanitation procedures such as area sanitation, and equipment cleaning and maintenance
- Perform trimming operations such as plant processing and hand-trimming
- Perform packaging operations such as weighing usable flower and trim, packing, labeling, finished goods tracking, and area decontamination
- Ensure aesthetic appeal and high quality of brand products
- Maintain and ensure compliance to packaging schedule
- Report all quality control issues to the supervisor immediately
- Follow GMP protocols and follow Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs)
- Bachelor's Degree or Horticultural, Technical Certification preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- A minimum of 1-year prior nursery, landscaping, and/or agricultural experience required open to direct experience if lesser. Able to train up. Hard-workers, trustworthy.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented with strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Must be able to work efficiently and accurately
- Must be flexible, collaborative, team-oriented person
- Must possess the ability to execute techniques consistently
- Must possess the ability to work effectively and in a cohesive team atmosphere with all areas
- Comfortable working in a safety-conscious and heavily regulated environment
HBG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants, with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.