Location: Oakland, CA
Senior Human Resource Generalist manages the day-to-day operations and carries out responsibilities on employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, payroll, organizational development and employment. Provides manager support in employee relations. Handles talent acquisition and recruitment process. Assist in development and implementation of policies and procedures. Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle employee relations, counseling and or outplacement counseling
- Oversee timecards for employees and temp employees
- Coach managers in employee relations
- Assist in translating employee meetings and all HR paperwork
- Manage new hire orientation and onboarding process for regular and temporary employees
- Prepare all hourly and salary employee personal files
- Handle FMLA/PDL/WC/ADA and communicate with Corporate HR
- Handle all employee Leave of Absence and communicate with Corporate HR
- Assist in developing departments goals such as objectives, trainings and systems
- Perform employee benefit enrollments, make changes and/or cancel coverage
- Ensure that all wage garnishments are processed timely by emailing to Corporate HR
- Response to disability and unemployment claims.
- Recruit for open positions at the facility or any other needs
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Develop and assist in evaluation of reports, decisions and results within the departments
- Coordinate the employee terminations with Corporate HR
- Conduct Exit Interviews to make sure we act on ways to improve the company.
- Prepare reports for monthly management meetings to showcase ie. turnover, etc.
- Assist in organizing company events ie. monthly birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
- Implement rewards and recognition ideas that are within the company culture.
- Serve as a backup for the receptionist during breaks
- Maintain all the personnel files up to date
- Minimum of 5 year of experience as an HR Generalist
- At least 3 years Recruiting
- A minimum of an AA or related business certificate required, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, excel, & word required
- Excellent communications skills and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent ability to prioritized and follow through in commitments.
- Ability to deal effectively with a conflicting priority
- PHR or SPHR Certification a plus
NOTE: Candidates that are offered a position are required to pass pre-employment drug and background screening. Qualified candidates with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.