Our client is a well-established Cannabis Company looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join their team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the team with dynamic leadership that promotes an environment of support, development, engagement, and high productivity. This includes, but is not limited to, hiring, coaching, performance management, ensuring productivity, disciplinary action, cross-training, rewards and recognition, and succession planning
- Ensure quality assurance compliance and standardization. This requires maintaining current knowledge of internal and external standards, with particular focus on BCC and ISO/IEC 17025
- Create, manage, and facilitate the quality scorecard
- Effectively communicate quality policies and procedures to all levels of laboratory staff
- Establish and maintain documentation and record controls and procedures
- Develop and implement quality procedures and standards to ensure production activities meet compliance standards
- Create and update laboratory policies and procedures associated with various assays, in partnership with the Laboratory Director and Quality department
- Manage internal and external audits. Investigate findings, work with the affected department(s) to develop appropriate corrective and/or preventive actions, document the findings, and perform appropriate follow-up. Evaluate the efficacy of implemented corrective/preventive methods
- Generate audit reports and schedule review with appropriate internal stakeholders
- Manage the proficiency testing (PT) program for the laboratory. This includes PT vendor evaluation, purchasing PT samples, scheduling PT tests, and reviewing submissions
- Monitor relevant data for performance and trends using statistical methods
- Build strong internal, external, and cross-functional relationships
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Preferred Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to maintain an incredibly high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidence, confidentially, and composure during difficult and/or complex situations
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced deadline environment while successfully managing multiple tasks
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong understanding of standard laboratory protocol
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively work, influence, problem solve, and communicate with all levels of the organization
NOTE: Candidates that are offered a position are required to pass pre-employment drug and background screening. Qualified candidates with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.
High Bluff Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Applicants, with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.