The Compliance Analyst is responsible for ensuring that our manufacturing facility is operating in compliance with all state and local ordinances, rules, and regulations. This position will cover all rules and regulations required to conduct normal business operations as well as the state and local rules and regulations specifically relating to licensed cannabis manufacturing. The Compliance Analyst will report to our CFO / COO, and work with all departments within our manufacturing facility. The Compliance Analyst will be the primary controller of our METRC account and will ensure that our internal IMS parallels our METRC manufacturing account. You will assist with METRC implementation and maintenance for all manufacturing/production operations. You will also be responsible for maintaining the physical and digital compliance archives for our manufacturing operation/activities ie: scanning and reviewing documents: Batch Production Records, Cannabis Waste Records. You will ensure SOPs incorporate the necessary compliance components and are being followed on-site, keeping the company in compliance with all rules and regulations, keeping cognizant to most cost-effective and efficient compliant processes are in place.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and Manage our METRC account and ensure all production activities and movement of goods is captured properly
- Assist with METRC Implementation in conjunction with our internal IMS
- Assist with training in compliance records specific to each production department
- Manage the implementation of compliance-related policies and procedures throughout the operating units
- On an ongoing basis assist with periodic checks to ensure all employees are performing processes/procedures accurately and the company is in compliance
- Conduct an SOP audit to ensure SOPs match current on-site procedures; which special attention to production and inventory control
- Identify necessary modifications to current processes and procedures, changes, and new processes and procedures depending on compliance regulations
- Document all changes into training manuals and SOPs
- Manage the internal compliance function, including inventory and audit controls
- Monitor compliance systems to ensure their effectiveness
- Create and maintain compliance checklists for all business units
- Monitor state and local laws pertaining to operations and ensure compliance with such laws and update compliance documentation and processes as legislation and regulations change
- Work with functional leaders to ensure they are properly informed of changes to regulations, policies, and procedures in their respective areas
- Identify issues, analyze current business methods and provide suggestions to ensure the company maintains compliance with local and state laws
- Send reports to management with current compliance issues, recommendations, and regulatory updates
Preferred Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Associates required
- Minimum 1 year of experience in compliance in related industry
- Preferred 2-3 years of related experience in a regulated industry such as cannabis, healthcare, biotech, tobacco or pharmaceuticals
- Experience with IMS / WMS is required
- METRC experience is highly preferred
- Legal mindset, ability to read and understand laws, ordinances, rules and regulations
- Experience in writing and training team members on implementation of S.O.P's
- Ability to explain regulations in a way that will be understandable to front line employees
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment
- Experience with Cannabis industry a plus but not required
- Effective time-management skills and the ability to multi-task
NOTE: Candidates that are offered a position are required to pass pre-employment drug and background screening. Qualified candidates with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.
High Bluff Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Applicants, with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.