The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the secure storage and tracking of finished goods inventory, distribution of customer orders, and intake of all deliveries. Persons in this role execute inventory control measures in the enterprise resource management software system and METRC, create and issue paperwork for orders placed by Sales, coordinate outbound order transfers with delivery services, receive incoming deliveries, manage raw material inventory, perform monthly physical inventory counts, record daily sales, and compile quarterly sales reports.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the proper and timely distribution of all finished products to company divisions and customers
- Coordinate delivery of customer order documentation such as invoices, lab tests and soil reports
- Coordinate with vendors on the delivery of retail orders to customers
- Ensure compliance with all state laws and regulations regarding inventory, packaging and labeling
- Ensure inventory counts are performed on schedule with acceptable results, and the proper documentation is executed and filed
- Respond to inventory discrepancies by notifying executive management and investigating reasons for the discrepancy
- Settlement of all inventory discrepancies and reporting the resolution of such discrepancies
- Partner with Production and Sales to ensure the right raw goods are ordered, produced and accurate end products are distributed to customers
- Monitor obsolete and non-moving materials and products - identify and suggest items for disposition
- Supervise the handling of products for sale, returned, or discarded
- Establish, maintain, and assess inventory turn and service level goals as well as other KPI’s using history, sales plans, vendor criteria, and market trends
- Assist with checking available stock levels and lots to identify products to fulfill the order
- Assist with gathering the appropriate reports and test results from each product’s Lot
- Assist with updating customer invoices to reflect the appropriate Lot numbers
- Check available stock levels of finished goods to ensure inventory accuracy
- Maintain accurate accounting of products in the inventory system
- Execute proper packaging and labeling procedures for all finished product
- Coordinate with the management and sales teams to ensure accurate information and documentation is maintained at all times
- Pick, pack and prepare finished goods, labels and reports for delivery, per the customer specifications
- Perform daily physical inventory counts
- Additional duties as required
Preferred Skills and Requirements:
- Experience in regulated cannabis operations or similar field preferred
- Must be 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of experience in inventory management
- 2+ years of experience in a warehouse, manufacturing, production or similar field
- Thorough understanding of how cannabis laws apply to packaging, labeling and distribution of finished goods
- Computer skills across multiple software platforms, organization, attention to detail
- Superior time-management and ability to multi-task
- Ability to direct, coach, support, and delegate tasks to employees
- Exceptional critical-thinking, problem solving, planning and assessment
Due to Covid-19, we are doing everything we can to keep our team and customers safe. We continue to provide our employees with PPE as needed and practice social distancing when possible.
HBG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants, with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.