Location: Irvine, CA
The Laboratory Technician II will report to the Laboratory Director. Laboratory Technician II will prepare and analyze samples of plant, concentrate, and edible products. Analytical work involves data interpretation for purposes of determining cannabinoid potency, presence of residual solvents, microbiological contamination, moisture content, heavy metal contamination and presence of mycotoxins. Data review is required and must have a high attention to detail.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Sample preparation and analysis using HPLC/MS, GC/MS, ICPMS, RTPCR.
- Monitor instrument performance and diagnose performance issues
- Perform Mass Spectrometry analysis
- Utilize Laboratory Inventory Management System (LIMS) and other sample reporting
- Comply with Quality Assurance program and other company policies
- Adhere to safety standards and employ Current Good Laboratory Practice
Qualifications and Skills:
- Laboratory Technician II must hold a bachelor’s degree in chemical or biological.
- Candidates with Mass Spectrometry experience are highly preferred
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multi-task, effectively manage changing priorities and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork and collaborate effectively on projects and tasks with supervisor and co-workers
- Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dependability toward assigned tasks and duties
- Ability to demonstrate professional, positive attitude toward assigned tasks, projects and colleagues
- Highly detail oriented and organized, critical eye for optimizing workflows
- Accredited laboratory environment requires strict adherence to safety and Quality Assurance protocols.
NOTE: Candidates that are offered a position are required to pass pre-employment drug and background screening. Qualified candidates with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.