Reporting to the Lab Director, the Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for direct oversight for the day-to-day operations within the laboratory with a focus on quality and safety standards within a lab. The Lab Supervisor is accountable to know and follow the company policies and standards, lead through example in the lab, and live the values of the organization while supporting the rapid growth the company compliance with the ISO/IEC 17025 and BCC standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage inside operations, including production, process evaluation and monitoring
- Work closely with the Quality team to assure prep and SOP compliance
- Improve our service and delivery to our Customers
- Manage laboratory costs related to all operations activities including equipment, labor and supplies
- Monitor and manage facilities and equipment and keep both in sufficient working order
- Ensure a safe work environment within the lab
- Management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity, and daily operations of multiple levels of staff and multiple functions/departments across matrix organization
- Evaluate both OOS & CAPA reports with the Laboratory Manager and Quality department
- Provide opinions and interpretations when necessary regarding the quality and meaning of analytical data contained within analytical reports provided to clients
- Other duties as assigned or requested
Preferred Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from a four-year college or university; Minimum 5 years of relevant industry and laboratory operations experience including management experience
- Advanced degree preferred
- Advanced knowledge of principles, terminology, practices, techniques and instrumentation commonly used in a laboratory setting
- Collaborative work approach aligned with corporate values
- Prior Cannabis experience preferred
NOTE: Candidates that are offered a position are required to pass pre-employment drug and background screening. Qualified candidates with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.
High Bluff Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Applicants, with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.