Our client, a licensed cannabis testing lab founded in 2018, is looking for an experienced Laboratory Scientist to join their team. This company is experiencing significant growth and holds multiple licenses, so this is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Validation of analytical methods for high throughput testing
- Assist Laboratory Director in method development and additional R&D activities
- Perform calibrations and routine maintenance of analytical instrumentation as needed
- Perform data review and data analysis utilizing validated analytical methods
- Demonstrate proficiency in software from Shimadzu
- Assist in workflow assessment and efficiency
- Assist in training programs relating to analytical instrumentation and data analysis
- Demonstrate ability to multitask and prioritize projects efficiently in a high throughput environment
- Maintain a safe, clean, well-organized, and efficient laboratory work environment
- Assist in maintaining SOPs and documentation required for compliance as needed
- Assist in maintaining the laboratory for ISO accreditation standards, GLP and future audits
Preferred Skills and Requirements:
- A doctoral degree in biological, chemical, agricultural, environmental, or related sciences from an accredited college or university
- A master’s degree in biological, chemical, agricultural, environmental, or related sciences from an accredited college or university, plus at least 2 years of full-time practical experience
- A bachelor’s degree in biological, chemical, agricultural, environmental, or related sciences from an accredited college or university, plus at least 4 years of full-time practical experience
- Exceptional wet laboratory technique and ability to perform documentation for ISO standards
- At least 3 years of experience in a regulated or high throughput laboratory environment
NOTE: Candidates that are offered a position are required to pass pre-employment drug and background screening. Qualified candidates with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.
High Bluff Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Applicants, with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.