Our client, a licensed cannabis testing lab founded in 2018, is looking for an experienced Laboratory Scientist to join their team. This company is experiencing significant growth and holds multiple licenses, so this is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess strong leadership
- Troubleshoot instrumentation
- Work with vendors and take direction from management
- Needs to be organized and prepared, understand and meet timelines
- Scientific writing for reporting, data management reporting, and ability to follow standard operating procedures a must.
- Chemical extraction, sample preparation and analysis for cannabis using LCMS/MS, HPLC, preferably on Shimadzu)
- Willingness to follow internal quality system requirements
- Ensuring SOP’s are written or up-to-date for laboratory processes
- Familiar with California State regulations for cannabis
- Implements and maintains appropriate quality control processes and procedures to guarantee accuracy of analysis and quality of results
- Performs review of reported data and associated quality control and preparing reports for delivery to client
- Responsibilities may include general instrument troubleshooting
- Responsible for ensuring that inventory is properly maintained and ordered on time to meet production demands
- Familiar with GLP standards
Preferred Skills and Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in biological, chemical, agricultural, environmental, or related sciences from an accredited college or university
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have experience in cannabis testing utilizing the potency/cannabinoids method
- Must have laboratory experience and be familiar with production protocol as required by California State, FDA, ISO 17025 and GLP
- Must have a history of working in a production laboratory and an understanding of meeting deadlines
- Must understand calculating workflow, turnaround times, and streamlined approaches
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task and have flexibility in working various shifts
- MUST HAVE 3-5 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Due to Covid-19, we are doing everything we can to keep our team and customers safe. We continue to provide our employees with PPE as needed and practice social distancing when possible.
HBG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants, with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.