The Human Resources Director will play a strong leadership role supporting business needs and fostering employee engagement. Evolving and scaling our people related strategies, processes, and practices and driving flawless execution is critical to future success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains company records and reports; able to direct others in the organization and adherence to record-keeping guidelines.
- Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs and monitors administration of established standards and procedures. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves and discrepancies.
- Designs, implements and manages new employee onboarding and orientation programs/processes.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance.
- Advice regarding proper terminations, represent the company as needed in unemployment hearings, and conduct company/client investigations.
- Develop new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Ability to lead complex cross-functional projects to completion, ability to organize, prioritize, plan, schedule, and follow up on concurrent tasks and elevating issues or obtaining additional resources when necessary.
- Manage staff wellness and performance reviews.
- Support management by providing human resources direction, advice, and counsel.
- Guide management and employee actions by developing HR guidelines, communicating the guidelines and enforcing organization values.
- Demonstrate good understanding of corporate ethics, critical and strategic thinking abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Current working knowledge of employment law and regulations including FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO/AAP, Workers Compensation, unemployment and labor relations and COBRA administration.
- Leads company's compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Skills, Abilities & Competencies:
- Display integrity and ethics in handling confidential information.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Good judgment and ability to work with others as a team and follow instructions.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters' preferred.
- Knowledge of labor laws and regulations.
- Seven or more years of HR experience required.
- Multi-lingual candidate preferred, (French, Spanish, English, German).
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SPHR certification preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; to handle or feel; to talk and to hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The standard analytical laboratory environment is one in which potential health hazards do exist. Administrative, operations, technical and professional staff is expected to safely operate in accordance with applicable and appropriate health and safety policies and procedures, as prescribed by the Environmental Health and Safety Manual.
NOTE: Candidates that are offered a position are required to pass pre-employment drug and background screening. Qualified candidates with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.
High Bluff Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Applicants, with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.