The Cultivation Technician is responsible for executing indoor agriculture operational tasks and report to the Cultivation Manager. The primary focus for Cultivation Technician is daily cultivation operations, including plant work, pruning, defoliating and monitoring irrigation systems watering schedules. The position will also require support in cloning, transplanting, and harvesting. You will also be expected to carry supplies and equipment, assist with the facility's sanitation operations, cleaning of tools/equipment, and provide manual labor services as needed. Adaptability is an essential aspect of the position. The department is structured to allow for development and growth; employees may be eligible for advancement dependent upon skills and performance.
- Clean tools and equipment as scheduled or required
- Ensure equipment is safely and securely stored
- Clean water tank and nutrient reservoirs as necessary
- Pick up refuse in areas as required
- Dispose of garbage according to compliant procedures
- Implement all sanitation procedures such as area sanitation, equipment cleaning, and maintenance
- Assist teammates in mother plant maintenance, maintain all plants in the garden, cloning and propagation, transplanting, defoliation, pest and disease control, plant tagging, tracking plants, irrigation system maintenance, and water room equipment maintenance
- Follow GMP protocols and follow Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs)
- Bachelor's Degree or Horticultural, Technical Certification preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- A minimum of 1-year prior nursery, landscaping, and/or agricultural experience required open to direct experience if lesser. Able to train up. Hard-workers, trustworthy.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented with strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Must be able to work efficiently and accurately
- Must be flexible, collaborative, team-oriented person
- Must possess the ability to execute techniques consistently
- Must possess the ability to work effectively and in a cohesive team atmosphere with all areas
- Must be able to work in a safety-conscious and heavily regulated environment
HBG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants, with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.