The Controller will oversee all accounting operations, including the design of an organizational structure, as well as the hiring and supervising the accounting staff.
The controller will be responsible for the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Responsibilities and Job Description:
This hands-on controller will oversee the operations of the accounting department in a cannabis business, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Prepare and present investor reports to the board of directors and investment partners.
- Prepare reports for the various regulatory agencies as required by law.
- Ensure accounts payable and accounts receivable are processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure bank reconciliations are completed.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of quarterly Board presentations.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations – KPI’s.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) w/audit experience is highly desirable but not required.
- 7-9 years of progressively responsible supervisory-level accounting experience
- Knowledge of IRS Tax Code 280 E highly preferred
NOTE: Candidates that are offered a position are required to pass pre-employment drug and background screening. Qualified candidates with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.