We are looking for a controller to design, build and manage a high performing accounting and finance department that can meet today’s demands and is also built for future growth. You’ll be tasked with developing a highly integrated, cross-functional full service finance team that executes against our goals. Previous SaaS experience is required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial Management: Manage Finance and Accounting functions ensuring all transactions are documented and recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Prepares and manages financial reporting (e.g. monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements), forecasting, planning, budgeting, analysis, cash management, payroll, procurement, and T&E.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with all relevant local, state, and federal reporting requirements, and coordinate financial audits.
- Scale: Design an organizational structure that efficiently accomplishes the department’s goals and objectives. Identify, design, & implement systems, processes, internal controls, and policies that will scale with future growth.
- Talent: Hire and manage a team of exceptional performers.
- FP&A: Partner with functional areas on financial planning, forecasting and budgeting, reporting and identification of relevant key performance indicators (KPIs). Perform in-depth financial analysis, including analyzing margins, pricing, variances, and performance. Own financial model and perform ad-hoc scenario analysis as needed.
- Collaboration: Foster and manage strong collaborative relationships across the organization, and when appropriate, present to senior executives and the Board.
- Trusted Advisor: Serve as a trusted advisor to the CEO and communicate risks and issues as they arise, along with recommendations on how to improve them.
- Leadership: Serve as a thought leader and role model for other employees by embodying our values and always acting with the highest integrity, confidentiality and discretion.
- Fundraising and M&A: Maintain relationships with existing investors and manage processes for future capital raises. Build pitch decks and financing models. “Roll up your sleeves” as necessary in both reporting and operational issues.
Preferred Skills and Requirements:
- Experience: 10+ years Accounting/Finance with 5+ years in a leadership role building teams in a high growth SaaS business.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; Postgraduate qualification such as a MBA, CFA or CPA.
- Leadership: Proven ability to build and lead a team of high performers and instill a mindset of operational excellence that emphasizes execution.
- Accounting Expertise: Deep expertise of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, including U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Saas Experience: Experience building and executing a SaaS-based business model and deep understanding of relevant KPIs.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate and present complex ideas and information clearly, accurately, and concisely to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Organization: Exceptional organization skills with the ability to navigate competing priorities to drive initiatives to completion in a fast paced environment.
- EQ: Emotionally intelligent with the ability to build strong professional partnerships.
- Resolve: Proactive with the initiative to find information, solve problems, and get things done.
- Integrity: Possess unquestionable integrity managing confidential information.
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation Package (Salary, Options, Bonus)
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Remote work
- A chance to help shape the cannabis industry
- Work with smart people in a fast-pace environment
- A fun and engaged leadership team
HBG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants, with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.