We are looking for an experienced Chemist to join our growing lab team. The Chemist will work closely with Lab Manager/Director to execute sample analysis for their cannabis clients using laboratory equipment which includes Gas and Liquid Chromatography instruments (LC-MS and GC-MS). The ideal candidate will have heavy experience in HPLC and related machinery, bringing established technique and processes to the table.
This position must work under the current ISO 17025 standards, and will be responsible for all work performed in support of their assigned assay.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routine analysis of samples using analytical procedures for which training has occurred.
- Familiarity with routine and non-routine equipment maintenance of analytical and laboratory instruments.
- Participate in OOS & CAPA reports, as assigned.
- Must be able to obtain traceable, reproducible, and reliable results with limited supervision.
- Successful completion of proficiency testing samples and initial demonstration of capability to demonstrate competence as required for certifications or customer requests.
- Participate in the revision of existing procedures and the drafting of new procedures under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager.
Preferred Skills and Requirements:
- B.S. Degree with at least three years of analytical laboratory experience is required.
- Must have experience with HPLC analytical techniques in addition to: GCMS, LCMS, & ICMPS.
- Proficient with current computer systems including Microsoft office.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Hands on experience with in organic extraction, analytical chemistry techniques, extensive potency testing and product development.
- ISO 17025 experience.
- Prior experience within the cannabis industry is a plus; not required.
High Bluff Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants, with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.