The Analytical Chemist will work closely with Lab Manager/Director to execute sample analysis for their cannabis clients using laboratory equipment which includes Gas and Liquid Chromatography instruments (LC-MS and GC-MS).
This position must work under the current ISO 17025 standards and will be responsible for all work performed in support of their assigned assay.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routine analysis of samples using analytical procedures for which training has occurred.
- Participate in OOS & CAPA reports, as assigned.
- Must be able to obtain traceable, reproducible, and reliable results with limited supervision.
- Routine and non-routine equipment maintenance of analytical instruments.
- Successful completion of proficiency testing samples and initial demonstration of capability to demonstrate competence as required for certifications or customer requests.
- Participate in the revision of existing procedures and the drafting of new procedures under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager.
Preferred Skills and Requirements:
- B.S. Degree with at least two years of analytical laboratory experience is required.
- Must have experience with analytical techniques including, but not limited to: HPLC, GCMS, LCMS, & ICMPS
- Proficient with current computer systems including Microsoft office
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Hands on experience with in organic extraction, analytical chemistry techniques, and product development
- ISO 17025 experience
NOTE: Candidates that are offered a position are required to pass pre-employment drug and background screening. Qualified candidates with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.