The Accounts Receivable is responsible for initiating calls with delinquent customers by phone or email to collect payments and settle accounts. Follow-up delinquent accounts, updates, and maintains accurate financial records including accounting, receivable and credit records. This role will report to the Accounting Manager and work closely with the finance team and CFO. This is a job in the cannabis industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Constant improvement of collections metrics by proactive customer communication
- Process customer credits/refunds
- Process and review account adjustments
- Resolve client discrepancies and short payments
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts- Customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos
- Must communicate & follow up effectively with sales department regarding customer accounts
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative interdepartmental working relationships
- Invoice processing & data entry
Preferred Skills and Requirements:
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in Accounts Receivable
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred; not required
- Strong analytical skills in basic accounting
- Detail oriented, accurate and multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous ERP experience is a must; D365 experience is a plus
- Previous cannabis industry experience is preferred; not required
NOTE: Candidates that are offered a position are required to pass pre-employment drug and background screening. Qualified candidates with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.
High Bluff Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Applicants, with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.